Wednesday, February 10

Canadian Tire Money

Dear Canadian Tire,

I don't know much but I know I don't like Canadian Tire Money.  It's very obviously a scam and I'm on to you.  There is no reason I should be handing you money in exchange for goods, and have you hand me a bit of your own currency too.  I studied economics and this seems a bit superfluous.  I'm sure you would save some (real) money if you just avoided printing these bogus bucks; hell, you could pass some of the savings along to us.

Instead you print out this shill money with ridiculously tiny denominations.  A five cent bill?  This money's worth less than Rubles.  No one feels good about themselves carrying around these bills.  What if I accidentally slipped one to a stripper?

And making us pay with Canadian Tire Bonus Bucks is perhaps the gravest indignity of them all.  Buying light bulbs with a shopping bag filled with crumpled bills is not the best thing for anyone's self esteem.  Let's get rid of them.

Kindly,

Harvey Kornbluth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, you know, whatever.