Wednesday, December 16

I found this scrawled...

I wrote this late one night, prob-possibly high and poss-probably extremely high.  It appears to be the legend for a menu for a restaurant from the future. (You might want to read that again.) I'm not sure why the intoxicated me is so enraptured by the promise of things to come. God bless him, he tries so hard.  Fortunately, I know better; the future is nothing more than the past with more plastic and smoother corners.

Perhaps, if we're lucky, they'll approve those sex-domes I've always wanted, but more than likely:
  • we will still wage wars with coloreds
  • other coloreds will continue to starve
  • people will bitch about download speeds
  • cars will remain firmly on the ground
  • George Clooney's appeal will continue unfettered
  • Florida might finally disappear underwater and
  • world politics will flop like a restless sleeper or else collapse into a fascist theocracy
Here's exactly what I wrote that night:
Captain Zoom's Outer Space Eatery

Background radiation = french fries
Hawking radiation = curly fries
Weak nuclear force = onion rings

Quasar = burger
Pulsar = cheese burger
Parsec = veggie burger

Supernova = milkshakes
White dwarf = sundae
Black hole = cola
Ever-increasing entropy = diet-soda
Nebulae =
And that's where I leave off, unable to think of a suitable candidate for "nebulae."  Since we're here, can I offer perhaps, "root beer"?  Or "Sprite"?

I'm not sure what the purpose of this was, or how I thought I was ever going to use this.  Besides, reviewing it now, it seems so implausible that an Earthling of the Future would walk into a restaurant and order a "pulsar with a side of Hawking radiation and a black hole."

Actually, that sounded amazing.  Was I planning on opening a restaurant?  Where would I get the seed money?  I must have had some sort of a plan.  (It's also possible that I thought you could literally fashion these food items out of the astronomical phenomena listed.  I was baked, dude.)  The problem with high me, is that he's frightfully optimistic.  I know the success rate of restos in this city.  Something tells me Captain Zoom's wouldn't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, you know, whatever.