Steve: Hey Dave, what’s up?
Dave: Hey, what’s up Steve?
Steve: I want you to meet my friend James, he’s a child porn dealer.
Dave: He what?
Steve: He sells child porn. So what?
Dave: Well, I just—
Steve: Go on. I know what you were going to say. You were going to judge him, just like everyone else does. James is too nice to say anything but he’s put up with shit like this for too long.
James: Uh, Steve, I --
Steve: No, James. Please. Let me finish.
Dave: Steve, not again, this is crazy --
Steve: The only thing crazy here, is the sheer hypocrisy that James endures every day. All he’s trying to do is feed himself, and you won’t allow him to do that. Am I the only one furious at this double-standard? All he does is sell-underage porn. What is so terrible about giving young people an opportunity to work and make a name for themselves in the entertainment industry? Did you ever think of the opportunities available through this work -- to go on to bigger and better things? Instead, we regard hard-working people --like James here--
James cringes.
Steve (cont.): as social pariahs and worse: we treat them as criminals. You know he's not even involved in the creative process and he's still vilified? For what? Selling a product with a demand? Vendors --
Steve gestures. James begins to protest but he is drowned out.
Steve (cont.): are condemned by society. Not to mention his lack of presence in the creative process! Are cigarette vendors unethical for selling cigarettes? They just give people the option to choose for themselves. That's what democracy is all about, man: choice. This country was built on it. All James does is allow people to choose the porn the most desire, even if it is in the form of pre-pubescent sluts.
James: Um...
Dave: Are you finished?
Steve: Yeah.
Dave turns to James and eyes him carefully.
Dave: Weren't we in the same basketball league last season? I think you were on my friend Dale's team.
James: Oh, yeah. We almost took you guys out in the playoffs.
Dave: You don't sell child porn, do you?
James: No! Not at all. I work at Circuit City. I'm not sure what all this was about.
Steve: Look it doesn't matter if he works at Circuit City. I'm talking about his rights --
Dave: Don't mind Steve. His father put him and his brothers through college selling kiddie porn. He's just trying to make a point.
Steve: Fuck off, man.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Like, you know, whatever.