Monday, June 6

Words I hate

Babe.

Do you call your girlfriend babe? Your boyfriend? Just about anyone? Are you Dennis Miller?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, I shall pray as-hard-as-an-atheist-can-pray that you are shot dead at point blank range. Preferably right after you wake up, or while saying goodbye to a loved one. I don't particularly care how infrequently you use the term, or that your significant other started it. If this word is being bandied about your relationship, it is your responsibility to end it.

Using babe after the world "total" is also an egregious offense. Do not describe anyone this way.

Lookit: babe means baby which, upon simple reflection, is a fucked up thing to call another adult. It's OK to mock infantilists for wearing diapers and fetishizing acting like a baby, but calling someone you fuck a baby is OK? Not in my books, babe.

I don't care how long you were on SNL. Cut it the fuck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, you know, whatever.