Friday, October 11

Four score times four and four score more

At the end of these four paragraphs, I will have managed to publish four-hundred* pieces of "writing" to this website. I put scare quotes around 'writing' because this "achievement" kind of scares me. I put scare quotes around 'achievement' because I don't know how to use scare quotes.

I'm not one to celebrate milestones, but given this site's microscopic audience (even God skips it sometimes), it's not just weird that I've stacked up four-hundred posts: it's kind of demented. I'm simultaneously proud and horrified by his number. I'm sure the Germans have a word for this emotion, but I'm going to call it a queasy unease.

Especially since we all know that the best is not yet to come. We are, both of us, tucked into a rattling shopping cart as it races unguided downhill. When this blog comes to an end, it will be sudden, and violent, and knees will be scraped.

Thanks for reading though.

*Actually this is not entirely accurate but it's close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, you know, whatever.