Monday, October 29

Desktop calendar

Dear Martin,

As I write this there are three-hundred and fifty-one published posts on Slomosu. I too am surprised. Considering how infrequently I update this site, you'd think I just crossed twenty. Yes, I know this is a sore spot for you but I like to antagonize you, Martin. For example, I've referred to your name two times in this letter, and I know you hate that. I also know that you hate when I spell out numbers and I have done that already five times. And I'm just getting started. Fuck you two.

But I digress. Three-hundred and fifty-one is a fairly significant number. And as I'm sure you no doubt have already realised, just fourteen short of a calendar year.

If I was telling you this in person, it would probably go:

HARVEY (shouting):
...just fourteen short of a calendar year.

MARTIN (confused):
What?

HARVEY:
A fortnight, Martin! A fortnight! Doncha see?

MARTIN:
Why you knucklehead...

Or something like that, which should make crystal clear why I'm writing this letter instead. But this letter is obviously a waste of cyber ink. You're so intuitive and wise and judgment free and you love electronic music — see, I know things about you Martin (four things to be exact) — you have no doubt already considered and developed the idea I'm about to proffer, namely, that you should publish a one a day calendar of all my posts. Imagine waking up one May the seventh to find:

Words I hate
 The term, "wobbly pops."

And then I can quit. Please let me fucking quit.

Yours always,

Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, you know, whatever.